Comfort food !
One of my favorite things about winter is comfort food. Today I am going to introduce you to my Pumpkin and Mushroom Pie wirh Goats cheese Chevre. I will also do a gluten free option. I will also include shortcrust pastry recipe and coconut flour gluten free pastry . I do love Pampas though, again if you’re short on time they are just as good. I am again going to be using some of the spices from the Moroccan Bean Soup from Gewurzhaus my one stop spice shop as I want you to see how else you and use the same spices in differant recipes ! Note you don’t have to use exactly what I use in spices but trust me the results speak for themselves , The proof is in the Pie ! Here again is their link to order all your spice needs , It couldn’t be easier ! http://www.gewurzhaus.com.au/
It’a all about the filling so lets started…
2x tspn Bush tomato
2 tspn Tarragon
2 tspn Winter soup mix
1 tspn Bouguet Garni
2 tspn herb rock salt
1/2 cup fresh Oregano
1/2 cup fresh Parsley
3x bay leaves
Pepper and salt to taste
400g diced pumpkin
2 cloves garlic finely choppd
1 brown onion chopped
800g mushrooms ( I use 3 differant types, swiss brown, button and field , approx 260g give or take of each) chopped but roughly as you want them chunky !
100g Goats Cheese Chevre ( go to a good Deli for this it’s easy to find I recommend stocked as it’s an amazing Deli and this is their link http://stockedfoodstore.com.au/contact/ )
150ml (approx 6 cups) stock Chicken or Veggie links : www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/curtis-aikens/basic-vegetable-stock-recipe/index.html &http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_chicken_stock/
1 sheet Pampas short crust pastry
1 sheet Pampus puff pastry.
links to recipes for pastry if you want to make your own:
Pre-heat oven 180-200
1. Heat oil in large pot add onion, garlic sprinkle with rock salt cook on medium heat for 10 min or until soft.
2. Add chopped mushrooms , bush tomato and cook for another 10 min stirring occasionally .
3. Add chopped pumkin and stock. Stock should just cover ingrdients.
4. Add Bay leaves, Tarragon, bouguet garni , oregano and winter soup, Bing to boil then simmer for around 30 min. Add Parsley.
5. thicken with cornstarch or plain flour. Put either in a cup add water using a fork make sure you get all the lumps out before you add to the you filling. Stir until thick turn off heat and let it rest. With Gluten free I thicken with Potato , mash it first and add.
6. Line your pie tin with baking paper and then shortcrust pastry ,trimming excess edges. put in oven and cook for 10 min .
7. Put pie Mixture in smooth around so it’s even and then add your goats cheese , crumbling all over the top of your pie.
8. Seal pie using puff pastry folding in edges and pressing with a fork. Beat 1 egg and brush accross top.
9. With Gluten free follow same procedure but watch edges as they can cook faster. If this happens put foil on edges.
10. Cook for 40-45 min.
so delish !
Serve with Mash Potato and seasonal vegetables.
Gluten free option !
I put this in a ramekin and put pastry just on top.